[IP] RE: Minimed vs. Disetronic -- Which did you pick?

>We totally went with Disetronics because of the waterproof factor and have
>never looked back!  It is very simple to use, easy to prime, loading and
>unloading cartridges are a breeze and we don't have any little doors that
>occasionally pop open like I've heard about from MM users.
>  But I will tell you that the waterproop factor was THE main factorQ

I guess I chose the MiniMed for many of the same reasons and have not been
disappointed.  In fact, I have dropped my MiniMed on hard tile flooring many
more times than I care to admit and it has never skipped a beat.  I have
been using it for 2 1/2 years and my only disappointment is not getting it
sooner.  Waterproof was not a concern for me and many here have said they
have no trouble swimming with their Disetronic but leaks are one of their
biggest sources of complaints.  However, if their customer support is
anything like MiniMed's it should not be a problem if you go that way.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998