[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #652

This sounds like gastroparesis to me, a type of neuropathy that affects
the gastrointestinal function.  Because your autonomic nerves are
affected, your stomach is not digesting and emptying food into the GI
tract, and this causes symptoms such as nausea, pain, vomiting,
constipation OR diarrhea, and possibly worse if untreated.

It is treatable, however.  Go see your diabetes doctor or, preferably, a
gastroenterologist who knows about diabetes.  He will prescribe
medication to help stimulate the peristaltic action that your body isn't
capable of, and give you guidance on how to deal with the nausea, pain,
etc.  There are medicines for those as well.

I've had it for 4-5 years.  It doesn't go away, but it can be made much
more endurable than it is now.

Good luck,

Lee Lockwood

> Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 14:19:22 -0800 (PST) From: Amy Martin <email @ redacted> Subject: [IP] stomach pain/nausea Has anyone else had stomach pain eveyr morning they wake up (regardless of blood sugar..high low, indifferent) which is so much you're ready to puke.  Granted, when I'm 333 fasting, I can understand it, but more often then not I THINK I'm 500 but I"m 110 and ready to puke. I never had so many upset stomachs on shots and now it just gets worse it seems. I've always said I have a bad stomach. Today was an exceptoin (first day in 6 days) I didn't feel like that, but I also was so low that I was out of it and almost had to be dragged out of bed to get up at 6am to go to work...but within 2 hours my stomach wzs upset only escalating int eh afternoon to actually below my waistband which was al\so where i have a nice 2 inch bruise from a set my body didn't like.  Anyone else notice this? I"m starting on a medicine tomorrow for something unrelated which has nausea !
as a side effect and I hope i don't get it b/c I already use enough Imodium and pepto.. Amy <