RE: [IP] Do you use a scale?

> Since i am a new pump user I am trying to measure and weigh
> everything but it doesnt help when you eat out and have no idea what
> a food product is doing.  for example- i like to eat a large greek
> salad for lunch with a pita bread and for some reason this makes me
> go up?  its weird.  by the way, i am a registered dietitian, so
> you'd think i would know a thing or 2 about food.... :)

Hang in there. After a few months you will be able to guess pretty
well the carb content of a plate of food. I've seen my daughter graze
across a buffet for hours and come out within 50 points of target.
Bear in mind that many servings a resturants are "sized" at an
"exchange" just by accident since that is about what most people want
to eat. This is helpful in making the guess. Things like rice and
potatoes, you will get used to the look of a particular sized pile
and be able to accurately estimate the carb content. Just takes