RE: [IP] Do you use a scale?

On 25 Nov 2000, at 16:57, Roni Pagano wrote:

> Since i am a new pump user I am trying to measure and weigh everything but
> it doesnt help when you eat out and have no idea what a food product is
> doing.  for example- i like to eat a large greek salad for lunch with a pita
> bread and for some reason this makes me go up?

well, pita bread does have carbs in it.

1 small pita 4", whole wheat : 15.4 gm carbs
1 large pita 6", whole wheat : 35.2  gm carbs

1 small pita 4", white enriched : 15.6 gm carbs
1 large pita 6", white enriched : 33.2  gm carbs

looked up here:

Also, even lo carb veggies do have some carbs in them.  They add

>its weird.  by the way, i am
> a registered dietitian, so you'd think i would know a thing or 2 about
> food.... :)

hmmmmmm I didn't know dietitians were supposed to memorize
the entire USDA Nutrient database. :-)