Re: [IP] Do you use a scale?

on 11/24/00 7:43 PM, email @ redacted at email @ redacted wrote:

> How many of you pumpers use a scale to weigh food at home and/or when eating
> out?  If you do, how long have you been carb counting and what make/models
> seem to work well for you?

I use a scale at home for meat portions as well as carbs. A check-book size
guide I have (The Pocket Pancreas) has a guide in the back that has carb
factors for quite a number of foods and I find that if I am measuring at
home all the time, I do much better when I am out with guessing carb
content. It I don't use the scale, I "drift" with my estimates over time.
The scale I use is a Tarrailon which I purchased at house wares store. It
measures in Oz and Grams (2 gram increments). I have been carb counting for
2-1/2 years.

Dx - 1972
MM508 - 5/2000