[IP] amy and reasons/having diabetes

Amy responded:

Fran et al,
 I'm sorry if this offended anyone, it was sent
totally in a manner of being optimistic. Personally,
humor is a big thing in my life, as is always being
able to find a positive in a negative. I'm not glad I
have diabetes, but I do believe that having grown up
with it has caused me to be more empathetic towards
others, more in tune to my own body, more aware of
what my actions entail, more assertive in all aspects
of my life, as well as provided me a direction in
which I want my future to career to follow in.
 Maybe the subject line was a bit much, but the whole
email was from another teenager with diabetes who was
able to realize sometimes you can find positive things
in otherwise awful experiences, contrary to many
teenagers I know with diabetes who skip insulin, eat
crap nonstop, and spend so much time hating their
disease.
 Amy

Lori replies to Amy:
Amy,
I don't think you need to apologize, this is a YMMV thing.  Some people can
take it however they want,  and they are entitled to their opinions also.
But so are you.
I truthfully liked the post from the teenager, I got a laugh out of it.  I
can understand where he was coming from.
So don't take offense at all the people all the time, some of them just
don't get it the way you or I do, and others do.
Hope I didn't totally confuse you!
Lori

Lori A. Willey
President/CEO