[IP] RE: We need help!

>Connie, Marisa's Mom

>    We need help.  Marisa, age 10, has been pumping since June,
>1998. She has always used Comforts (Tenders) infusion sets andd Humalog.
>last April she was using her tummy area for insertions.  We would rotate
from side to
>side and up and down.  She changed her sites every 3rd day and
>sometimes just twice a week.  In April, after just about  two years of
pumping, she
>developed severe lipodystrophy in her stomach area......<snip>.......

If anyone can arrive at a reason for for the lipodystrophy the staff at the
Barbara Davis Center should be able to.  While they explore the
possibilities I would try Regular or Velosulin insulin for a period of time.
Allergies can develop to Humalog, as well as other insulins, and this may be
the source of the lipoatrophy.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998