Re: [IP] Do you use a scale?

On 24 Nov 2000, at 19:43, email @ redacted wrote:

> How many of you pumpers use a scale to weigh food at home and/or when eating
> out?  If you do, how long have you been carb counting and what make/models
> seem to work well for you?

Right now, I'm just using a regular digital postal scale.  Kind of a
pain, cuz it gives me the weight in oz and then I have to convert
that to grams so I can apply the USDA Nutrient database 100gm
serving size ratio to it.  It's a royal pain.

I've been counting carbs for a year now.

Just today, I wrote a complaint letter to Albertson's (grocery store)
and cc'd the USDA because my husband bought a generic
pumpkin pie with Albertson's label on it.  It said the serving size
was 1/5 of the pie.

Come on now.  I defy any of these companies to show me ONE
PERSON who can eyeball a 1/5th cut.

I complained and asked them to give us insulin-dependent-
diabetics the world over A BREAK.  Told them I don't carry
calculators and scales around with me so that I can calculate
5 * 34 / 8 ( or 6 if I cut it in 6 pieces) so that I can get a realistic
serving size out of it.

I've complained to Tombstone pizza too cuz their
pepperoni/sausage thin crust has 1/5th as the serving size too.
They sent me back a canned public relations non-reply.

It's beginning to really bug me.

oops.  I guess I've strayed off the question.