Subject: [IP] ??? For Parents of Pumping "Tweens" (Ages 8-12) [long

I have bveen on the pump for a few years now and Love it. I am very into water
sports and use my pump all the time. I just unplug for no more than 2 hrs at a
time. My wife and I were in Maui last year and I had no problems w/ the pump.
(I even went snorkeling) Just make sure to carry a n insulin pen.

As for your other concern about the issue with friends and being away from
home, I have been Diabetic since 12, and there were tough times, but I alway
learned what I can and can't do. She will learn what her body will allow. As a
Parent you will have to hold your breath a lot and hope for the best. Actually
being on the pump will give her much better control and more freedom than the
injections. She will be able to suspend the pumping if she feels herself
getting low. That gives a very comfortable feeling just knowing that Humalog
wears off in an hr or so. I wish I would have had the pump as a child. WHAT A