Re: [IP] D in the family- Help!

In a message dated 11/24/00 2:48:06 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< > Could you print out the ADA definition of diabetes and go with him
 > to see the doc, taking the printout with you?
 I actually already gave the Dr. the newest ADA guidelines for diagnosis and
 the need for people over 45 to have yearly testing. My father-in-law is
 willing to have an A1C, his Dr. refuses to give him one and told me it was
 unnecessary for him to have one as a 236 after a meal means he simply
 "wasn't eating right".  >>

Can you somehow impress upon your FIL and the doc that, at the age of 56,
your FIL has plenty of time to get complications. Your FIL is not doing
himself any favors by ignoring the facts and his doc is harming -- perhaps
even killing -- his patients. I would not hesitate to report the doc to
whomever you report docs to or at least to the managed care company he
belongs to.

Jan and Elvis