Re: [IP] D in the family- Help!

> Could you print out the ADA definition of diabetes and go with him
> to see the doc, taking the printout with you?

I actually already gave the Dr. the newest ADA guidelines for diagnosis and
the need for people over 45 to have yearly testing. My father-in-law is
willing to have an A1C, his Dr. refuses to give him one and told me it was
unnecessary for him to have one as a 236 after a meal means he simply
"wasn't eating right". The Dr in question does not use A1C's and based
diagnosis on some criteria I've never heard of! He is spilling over sugar
and ketones in his urine at home but the Dr. would not even do s urinalysis
to prove what I told him is true. I've tried everything to make that Dr.
take the bg elevations seriously but if the Dr. says it's ok, my
father-in-law believes it, as he's trusted this GP for years.