[IP] Insurance for pump

Hi Michelle,

I am from Nova Scotia, and fought with insurance companies for 10+
months before they finally relented and insured the pump to the tune of
80% and the supplies to 90%.  If not for the intervention of a senior
level management person in the human resources dept of the business
where my husband works, I would probably still be fighting.  However,
when I first started, I was on my own.  Now Minimed Canada has
professionals who contact your insurance company on your behalf and (I
have been told by Minimed) are 85% successful getting your supplies
covered by insurance, although not so successful in getting the pump
paid for.  Perhaps the basic plan through the University will not cover
it, but at least you would have the information for the future.

Did Minimed give you this information?  If not, the peoples names are
Diane or Jeanne, at Medicum toll free 1-877-728-2778   It is called the
Minimed Eligibility Assistance Program.  Since finding this out, I have
been passing the information along to as many people as I can who are
interested in pumping.  The same format may be set up for Disetronic as
well, but I don't know as the Disestronic pump is not something I am
familiar with.   Sorry I don't know anything about second hand pumps :(

If you want more information on us, and our thoughts on pumping, check
out our website.

Barb Chafe