[IP] no insurance coverage -any ideas?

My doctor gave me the okay to go on the pump and gave me a Minimed drug rep
to get in touch with... I really want to get started on the pump soon. But I
called my insurance company and my plan doesn't cover it.  I guess its a
pretty basic plan because its through my graduate student plan from
university (which is extended a year past graduation).  The drug rep left me
a message saying that there are payment plans for second hand pumps.  Does
anyone have any experience with this?  Any suggestions on other options?  I
am just out of school, and hope to soon have a job with better benefits, but
I don't want to wait too long.

I'm from Toronto, Canada, have been diagnosed about 18 months with type 1,
and am hating the multiple injection regimen I'm on!

Thanks for any suggestions,