[IP] Re: Basal/Dawn Phenom question

You have to consider how long it takes regular insulin to act. It takes
6 to 8 hours for regular to complete its work. Therefore, you have to
count backwards from the time you are having problems to see what is
causing them. If your BGs go to 220 between 12:00 and 2:00 AM I would
suggest that your dinner bolus may be too little insulin, If you then go
down between 5 and 7, I would think that your 1.0 basal between 12 and 7
am may bee too high. My suggestion would be to consult your endo. He
might suggest to increase your dinner bolus and decrease the 1.0 basal
at night. This would probably help to keep your BGs a little more even.