[IP] Re: Priming amount

Joan notes

<< Altho the book says to prime 5.0, sometimes the insulin will come out at
 or 3.0, but then sometimes it takes 7.0  I have not been able to figure that
 one out yet. >>

Joan - I've had the same experience.  I assume you use the MM. My CDE told me
the priming allows the "arms" to engage and begin to turn the screw.
Sometimes it seems to take more time to engage.  I also note that
occasionally, after I've manually primed the tube with insulin that I get 1/2
-1" of air near the needle that needs to be cleared too. Jill T