[IP] Re: basal pattern question

Recentlhy wombn asked:

> What pattern will my Minimed 508 use to give me that .3 [basal rate]?
> .1 every 20 minutes? or .2 at the top of the hour and .1 at the
> bottom?  speaking in old-fashioned round-clock terms :-)

It'll be 0.1 unit every 20 minutes. Basals always come in 0.1 unit
increments with the MiniMeds. Which is a bit tricky for those of us who
don't use much. I should probably be at 0.15 in the morning, but can only
get 0.1 or 0.2. I realize I could get creative by doing 0.1 for an hour,
then 0.2 for an hour, but I'm far too lazy to program that much. I'd rather
just have an extra cookie in mid-morning.    :-)

I wonder how many young readers understand where "the top of the hour" came
from? Or how "clockwise" got defined the way it did? For that matter, how
many of you know why clocks (the old ones with hands) move in the clockwise
direction they do? (Remember, it's an astronomer asking...)

Keith Johnson
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."