[IP] Bleeder from infusion site

Hi everyone,

I had such a rough night last night!  I was shaky and
my heart was racing and I got lightheaded.
Hypoglycemia?  You might have thought so, right?  I
wish.  It was time to put in a new set.  So I pulled
out the catheter and "spew" I had such a bad bleeder
that I filled SIX (6) Bounty paper towel sheets, it
took 45 minutes to ge the bleeder to stop...and it
wasn't just bleeding it was pumping out.  Thank
goodness for ice packs to stop the bleeding.  I felt
so queasy and scared.  I usually don't panic for any
reason and I have had a bleeder before but nothing
like this!  My fiancee was there with me and he really
got scared, I was worried about all the blood that I
had lost, I filled 6 paper towels!
Anyone ever have a situation like that before?  And
can anyone explain what must have happened, did I hit
an arteriole ( smaller more superficial artery )
because there was a pumping force to it.

Dx'd 1/90  "until last night" happily pumping with
Peanut (Blue MM 507C)

Never underestimate the power of touch!

Do You Yahoo!?