Re: [IP] How soon pumping after diagnosis

"I'm wondering how soon people can/should starting thinking
about pumping
after they've been diagnosed?"

If I were parent of a newly diagnosed child, I'd put the
child on the pump as soon as possible.  Not just to mitigate
the risk of later complications, but to improve the child's
quality of life and reduce parental anxiety about highs and
lows (which are not nearly as difficult to manage on the

I started pumping about 5 months after dx with T1.  I think
it was helpful to spend time understanding DM and how
different things affected me.  It was also helpful to learn
how to do the injections and manage my food intake to match
the insulin peaks.  In case of a pump problem, I can always
fall back on that experience.

Pump Daddy