Re: [IP] How soon pumping after diagnosis

It certainly makes pumping easier if you are comfortable with
injections because you never worry about pump problems as long as you
catch them.

However, while diabetes management (in my opinion) is an extremely
complex and challenging task, mastering injections, for me at least,
was one of the easiest parts.  So while I might agree that competence
with a syringe or an insulin pen might be a reasonable prerequisite,
say the level that one could achieve with a couple hours of training,
I see no reason that "comfortableness with injections" needs to be a
prerequisite for pumping.

The only prerequisite that I see as reasonable is that you have to be
willing to do the work, both up front and over time.