Re: [IP] How soon pumping after diagnosis

Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:34:06 -0600

I have an Animas pump and I don't know the exact values for giving me an
occlusion alarm, but it is a lot less than 4 units. I can set it to really
sensitive and it has given me an occlusion alarm after delivering less than
a unit. I have it on the higher setting and it still gives me occlusion
alarms under 1 unit delivered on boluses. Actually my Animas seemed to be
able to detect the tiniest of bubbles when I had it set on the most
sensitive setting.

I'm still in my honemoon period to and have not had any problems. Actually,
I think it is easier than MDI as sometimes I will have a kick I think of my
own insulin and now I can adjust it quickly on the pump just temporarily
turn down the basal, whereas on MDI I just had to eat a bunch of sugar to
keep my bs up during those times.