Re: RE: [IP] MiniMed Quick Release

In a message dated 11/21/00 8:15:52 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< As far as leaving the pump "running" while disconnected, if you do that it

will throw off your daily insulin use that's tracked in the pump (MM508),

besides the fact that you miss the basals.  I've always put the pump in

suspend mode when disconnected and have never had a problem.

I check the daily total before and after disconnecting, and prime bolus for
any amount I have missed.  That way I have the correct total on my history
and no missed basal.  Despite MM saying it is not necessary, I also prime .3
before I reconnect just to have the reassurance of seeing the drop come out,
and take the opportunity to check for bubbles in the tubing while things are