Re: [IP] How soon pumping after diagnosis

On 20 Nov 2000, at 22:06, email @ redacted wrote:

> I'm wondering how soon people can/should starting thinking
about pumping
> after they've been diagnosed?

I'm still in the honeymoon.  And chasing my bgs around too.  bleh.
It's a daily battle trying to figure out what the heck my dose today
should be.  It's getting trickier every day.

My endo waited as long as she did (from March to October) for 2

1) to give my needlephobia time to settle down and allow me to
contemplate the *IDEA* of pumping but she knew she needed to
get me on the pump asap *because* of my phobia--what a
bassackwards thing to have to deal with.  A needlephobe who can't
stand the idea of a pump yet who needs it for her needlephobia!
She's a GREAT doctor.

2) She also needed to put me through the MDI thing because the
insurance companies want to see proof that I'm willing to "do the
work" (charts, frequent BG testing, MDI, recording carbs, blah blah