> I have had this problem also.  My theory on intermitant highs with no
> explaination is "air bubbles".  I have noticed that an air bubble can get
> traped where the hose connects to the syringe when I first push the
> into the infusion set.  This happens dispite the syringe being completely
> free of bubbles.-James

If you notice air in the tubing, pay attention to it when it gets near the
quick release (if applicable). When it gets close to the quick release,
simply disconnect and prime the air bubbles out. Air in the tubing can be
very bad, but only if it gets to the point where you pump it in your body.
Due to the pressure in the tubing, air will still force the insulin out and
only be problematic if you pump it into your body.