From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]On Behalf
Of Yvonne Nicolas
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2000 8:01 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] HELP WITH HIGH BG4S!!

Hello List

Now, I4m really desperate. In the last 3 or 4 days, Eileen has gotten very
high bg4s (480-500) on different occasions. She could spend the whole day
within the normal range and then, 480! No particular pattern. First 2 times
thought it was the set and changed it, thinking she wasn4t absorbing well. I
read in Pumping Insulin that when you have bg4s of over 300, the most
probable cause is that the person isnt getting insulin. Today, pre-breakfast
bg was 480!. Have corrected and didn4t send her to school.  Will check again
in 2 hrs. to see whats happened. Last Wedenesday had to pick her up at lunch
time with bg of 500. She really is missing a lot of school.

<My question is (I4m new at this) can these high4s be caused by a low basal
rate? Maybe she4s grown and gained weight and her basals have to be
adjusted. Her Doc. is from out of town, so I don4t have much help. I will
check her basal rates to see whats happening, but I4m really worried. By the
way, I have been alternating between Micros and Sils, so I don4t thing the
sets are the problem.

Heeeeelp!!!

Yvonne
Mom to Eileen, pumping 7/00