Re: [IP] 24 hr. urine test

sue depinto wrote:

> Will someone please tell me about a 24 hr. urine test. Is it important and
> what does it show, its purpose, etc. I think I have only had 1 in all the
> years that I have been diabetic and that was a long, long time ago. I just
> remember being a little embarrassed because I had to take more than a gallon
> back to the doctors.
>           Thanks, Sue
>
> email @ redacted

Sue, A 24 hr. urine test is used to determinee how well your kidneys are
functioning.  The main thing they look for is protein.  If protein is high
(usually around 250mg per 24hrs) you may need to have other tests done to
determine if your kidneys have problems.  There are some treatments.  Good BG
control is one of them.

Terry