Re: [IP] virus...

I was diagnosed in June of this year. Two years ago I had pneumonia and
influenza at the same time. Throughout the next year I suffered four severe
sore throats. I also suffered a severe allergic reaction to one of the meds.

I remember asking the doctor about my increased thirst (not severe) and he
attributed it to the dehydration associated with my illnesses and my
activity level.

About a month before diagnosis I had a minor viral sore throat. My diabetes
care team believes that my beta cells may have been gradually killed off
over the past two years, and the minor sore throat a month before diagnosis
was the straw that broke the camel's back.

My symptoms were typical - extreme thirst (2.5 gallons of fluids per day),
extreme urination (every 45 minutes), and unexplained weight loss (20 pounds
in four weeks).