[IP] Parents of child IPers

I am always amazed at parents of children who are
diabetics. Going through this T1 stuff as an adult, I
know it is a long road to haul.

How wonderful that Sally and Nora shared their
knowledge and Nora's new pump with her first grade
class! This is definitely the way to go! Children are
very caring about other children most of the time, in
my experience. I know, there are cases where kids
aren't so nice, but from what I've experienced (I'm an
elementary school sub teacher)if they are told what is
going on they will respond positively.

I recently attended an IP support group in my area and
was amazed at a 4 yo boy who was soon to go on the
pump. He wanted to see my pump, which I showed him.
Children need to be given credit for being the smart
little people they can be when given a responsibility
as awsome as wearing an insulin pump. Of course, with
a 4 yo, I'm sure Mom and Dad will be there for
guidance and constant monitoring.

I just want to close by saying you parents of all
these kids are very special!

Do You Yahoo!?