[IP] See below

From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Bad Doctors bad patients
I DON,T THINK MOST DOCTORS KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE PUMP NO MATTER WHERE YOU
LIVE.THE DIABETIC CENTERS WHERE THEY FIRST INSTRUCTED YOU HOW TO USE THE PUMP
ARE THE EXPERTS.IT TAKES TOO MUCH TIME AND ENERGY FOR THE DOCTORS TO LEARN
ABOUT THE PUMPS AND TOO MUCH TIME GOING OVER IT WITH YOU.WE PAY FOR BEING ON
THE CUTTING EDGE. BOB
I know you are right. When an internist stops me to look at my pump he
asked where does your doctor fill it. I said in my bedroom, He said he
comes to your house everytime I said no, I fill it took it off my belt
opened the little trap door and showed him the Minimed reservoir. Oh he
says, where does it sample your blood sugar and i showed him my fingers all
callused from years of stabbing. and how does it figure how much insulin
you need, whereupon I pointed to my head and exclaimed touchas (butt in
yiddish).! he says with an Oh, I understand look on his face! I thought it
was able to do all that by itself. I exclaimed I don't always get it right
how would a stupid pump be able to get it right all the time?  And where
does it go into you? i show him the tube and point to my lower abdomen he
says it goes in there? no, but in that area. Let me see! No,Dave we are in
a public hallway! there are people walking around . maybe you had a point
Natalie, let me see those ducks again! Yes, My CDE knows more about the
pump than he does and she is not a pumper.
A Bender, M. D.