[IP] neuropathy...

I am sure that this has been discussed brefore, but this is a new situation
to me.  I have neuropathy in my toes...therefore; no feeling in my
toes....to make a long story short...I dropped a can of corn on my big toe
Monday, didn't know that it had injured the toe until Tuesday morning...no
pain, so not realizing that it was anything but a bruise, I went shopping
all day.  Having 2nd. thoughts I stopped by my Podiatrist and she informed
me that I have not only a bruise, but cellulitis...I am now on antiobiotics
and am supposed to keep the foot elevated.  being a single mom, this is most
difficult to remain immobile.  My question is...Has anyone else had such an
injury and what was the outcome...how long does it take the injury to heal
and how long do I stay off the foot?  She wrapped the toe and told me to
leave the bandage on for 2 weeks...should't it be left unwrapped so that I
can tell by viewing the toe, as to whether it is healing, since I have no
feeling????  Thanks for any/all your comments and replies.