Re: [IP] Re: Support Groups

>  Now I know I'm not
>alone.  It was 5 yrs after dx that I met another young person with DM - I had
>thought I was the only one in the world until then. Then I knew there were
>two. He was 12, I was 16; he came to my BASH.

I can relate so much to what you are saying.  I think it makes a huge
difference at what age you were diagnosed and what century.  :-)  In the
support groups I go to, people are in shock that I've had diabetes for so
long and diagnosed at such a young age.

Fran, Type I, diagnosed at age 2 oh and I am 40. :-)