[IP] Broken Tubing

Well, today is 3 years of pumping for me.  I had my first major set/tubing
problem.  A few minutes ago I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth before
bed.  I was looking in the mirror and noticed something hanging from my
jeans.  I looked thinking my pump fell out of my pocket.  What had really
happened was that my tubing broke.  It broke at the disconnect on my sof set
QR at the part of the set that remains when I disconnect.  I flipped.  When I
took my set out I also noticed that the set had blood in it.  So I check and
am 400!    That would explain why I have been so hungry and thirsty the past
few hours.  Just wondering if there is anyway to tell how long the set had
been that way and how long I went without insulin?  I took a correction bolus
and am going to drink so I can see if ketones are present..I hope they are
not.  I am also wondering if this is something I did or if it is just a bad
set?  Any help would be great.  Thanks so much.