[IP] flu virus

I have not participated in any online chats yet, so I guess this is the
first.  I have had diabetes for 43 years which was initiated by the Asian
flu when it first came out in 1957.  I was sick for three weeks with the
whole gamut of flu symptoms. After the flu was over, I was immediately
diagnosed with diabetes, and there is research that has been done to
substaniate this occurence.  Thanks for letting me