Re: [IP] Type 1 in a type 2 patient more type war stuff With apologies

In a message dated 11/19/2000 11:12:46 AM, email @ redacted writes:

>Well, I've seen quite a fair number of Type 1's who are decidedly NOT

When a Type one is in good control, they gain weight like a normal person. It
is my opinion that an overweight T1 may be eating to keep up with their
insulin as opposed to matching their insulin to their eating needs. The pump
will probably help, since one is counting their carbs and dosing accordingly.
Injections of N and other kinds tend to give you a real kick when they peak,
so one eats.  This doesn't seen to happen with H and the pump. Now you are in