Re: [IP] Sherry the whiner

On 18 Nov 2000, at 9:31, email @ redacted wrote:

> wombn wrote:
> > *sigh*  I've had a weird form of denial for a whole year now, "If I do
> > things right, I'll heal and be cured".  huh uh.  right.  ;-)
> Boy, does THAT one sound familiar!!!!!
> I STILL sometimes go into rebellion, and stop taking insulin, just to
> see if the diabetes has gone away while I wasn't looking!!!!! Of course,
> it hasn't, and lets me know it fairly emphatically!

Before pumping, I would frequently "forget I was diabetic" for half a
day.  Morning was hardest for me for injecting.  Now, I change my
set later in the day when I have less resistence to doing it.  So I
haven't "forgotten" yet.
> It's really hard to accept that this is what it's going to be for the
> duration.

yes.  Although "duration" is too soft a word for me to use.  I have to
say "for LIFE" so that I don't minimize it.  Fighting my denial has
not been easy.

>I don't have any magic words to make that feeling go away, but
> at least you should know you aren't alone!

Thank you!