[IP] RE: Changing health insurance

Jan G. said:
>    Yes, control of diabetes is much cheaper than complications!
>It is to a company's benefit to have a decent insurance plan to cover
>diabetes supplies.

If an insurance company has short term vision they may decide to save a few
dollars now.  Their reasoning could be that complications often take years
to develop and the patient may, by then, be under Medicare as their primary
carrier.  I read this accusation in a professional publication several years
ago.  Companies could also be of the notion that people switch plans so
often that after spending the initial dollars for pumps, etc., they stand a
good chance of not receiving the payback in premiums for that expense.

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998