Re: [IP] Type 1 with insulin-sensitizers

In a message dated 11/18/2000 6:48:47 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I think that a type 1 taking a med which will "negate glucagon use" is
 pretty dangerous.

 Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
 Co-Executive Director
 Jewish Diabetes Association >>

Yes, it certainly is dangerous.  And I was very surprised when my primary
care internist suggested it.  I tried to explain to him why it wasn't good
for my type 1 to limit the ability to metabolize glucose.  I don't think he
got it ....

Moral is, whether seeing endo or whomever, it's YOUR dm, educate yourself and
make your own best decision.

My two cents for today,
Jeanie