[IP] 14 year old athletic pumper

I am Mom to a very athletic 8th grader who has been pumping
since August of this year.  Can anyone help with  our up and down
BG"s after practice and games.  He is playing basketball now and
will also play tennis in the spring.  We are experimenting with
playing and practicing (about 2 hours) every day with the pump on
and have also tried the bolus and take it off method.  Neither way
works all the time..   He seems to have some unexplained highs
after hard exercise as well.  Overall the pump has really improved
his life but we are struggling with the exercise factor and being an
athlete is key to his identity.  Thanks so much....Kyle's mom