[IP] Re: Academics vs experience

In a message dated 11/18/00 8:08:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I AM college educated and speak
 several languages, but obviously I can't speak hers!! >>
Sharon -I used to teach nursing care of diabetes.  Now that "I are one and
pumping" I realize what a great difference there is between teaching a
subject academically (even though I'd had experience in working with
diabetics in a primary care setting) and speaking from a base of experience.
Are you using John Walsh's book.  I find he's excellent and comes from a base
of academic knowledge as well as experience.  Hang in there.  Getting started
is, I think, the greatest hurdle.  Jill T