Re: [IP] Bad Doctors bad patients

On 18 Nov 2000, at 12:08, Peter Hadcock wrote:

> After reading much of this thread, I do feel lucky. The Endo that I go to
> dictated the Letter of Medical Necessity 2 minutes after I had inquired
> about a pump (which was my 2nd visit). I had the pump 2 weeks later.

It took 6 months of patience on my endo's part (apparently she'd
been biting her tongue all that time waiting for my needlephobia to
subside enough to tolerate *contemplating* the idea)....  and the
minute I told her, "let's go for it", I had my pump in two weeks too!

My first doctor was neglectful.  The 2nd GP was not: he
immediately referred me to the endocrinology dept even though I
was still considered "type 2".  And once I fought my way through
the wall of CDEs and dieticians, and actually got to see the endo,
it's been all downhill from there (uh.....  no wait... going from "T2"
on oral meds only to a needlephobe T1 on insulin is "downhill"?
what am I thinking??)

Had to change health care insurance and everything (was at Kaiser
Permanente, now Blue Shield through Medclinic Medical Group of