Re: [IP] new pumper.....question......

email @ redacted wrote:

> I've been on the pump for a month now and my doc is happy ( I am as well)
> with how I'm doing, although, I'm still experiencing some highs here and
> there. (Highs in the 200's) I can usually figure out the reasons for my highs
> which is I ate more carbos than I predicted I would and/or I didn't take
> enough insulin.  Is it common for a month long user to still have some highs?
>  How long do you think it should be until I'm not going high anymore?  I'm
> finding carbo counting to be extremely challenging.  Do you have any good
> advice that might help me with it?  Thanks for your help!

I dunno about anyone else, but I've been pumping almost 2 years, and I
still have highs. I don't ever expect them to go away entirely!

The good thing about the pump is that if I have a high, I can treat it
easily and unobtrusively.

But as far as simulating non-diabetic BGs, I don't think it's going to
happen with THIS technology!
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted