[IP] Re: Support Groups

> I (a type 2)
> was once told that a group I attended wasn't for me because "it's for type
> who don't know anything about diabetes." The only other group was only for
> type 1s. Sad.
> Jan and Elvis

What I like about this list is that there are others out there who grew up
with DM-1 and still around. I used to feel so isolated since the support group
where I was pres. of for 2.5 yrs was mainly T-2's. There was a local group for
parents of T-1's and one for Teens/young adults with T-1, but where was *my*
group? I even wrote to ADA Forecast pleading with them to do articles for
those older Type-1's who were still around. No response. Now I know I'm not
alone.  It was 5 yrs after dx that I met another young person with DM - I had
thought I was the only one in the world until then. Then I knew there were
two. He was 12, I was 16; he came to my BASH.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue   *U* = whatever George drew.