Re: [IP] Re: Gaining weight

Hirsch Meisels wrote:
> So why is it that some people can eat carbs as their heart desires & not
> gain weight, and some cant ?
> By me it's possible that it is a genetic type 2 problem, my father & some of
> his siblings are type 2 (& very overweight), so it's possible that I also
> have this gene and therefore gaining weight.
> How about all the others that are facing the same problem, do they have a
> family history of type 2?

Unfortunately, Type 1 and Type 2 are totally different diseases and NOT
mutually exclusive. So, yes, a person who was diagnosed in childhood CAN
develop the obesity,  insulin resistance, hyperlipidemia and
hypertension that go along with Type 2, even though they don't have any
insulin production of their own.

Type 2 is highly hereditary, and very common. There is always a media
emphasis on how common it is in recognized minorities, but it is also
much more common in East Europeans than in West Europeans, and most
American Jews are of East European background.

Somehow, the medical establishment hasn't seen the logic of treating a
person for both Type 1 AND Type 2 -- obviously, if your pancreas is
incapable of making insulin, you will need shots (or a pump), BUT why
not treat the insulin resistance as well? There are several
insulin-sensitizers out there which may be useful.

I'm expecting that in the next few years, there will be a move toward
treating Type 2 insulin-resistance in Type 1's, but as usual, it takes
the medical establishment a long time to recognize the obvious!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted