[IP] Re: Wishing to become a Type 1 Pumper

In a message dated 11/17/00 12:32:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I bring along a piece of cake, and show to him that I can press
 afew buttons & eat it, but he can not take an extra glucophage to eat it, so
 he cried out to me: "How can I become a type 1 diabetic?" >>

Hirsch - this made me smile.  I had the opportunity to talk about the pump
and pumping with a variety of people in a diabetic support group (most type 2
managing on diet and exercise - some on oral meds).  Their reaction was the
same.  Made the aware, in a whole new way, of how blessed I am to have
diabetes and the tools we work with in this day and age.  Thanks for sharing
so many wonderful stories.  Jill T