Re: [IP] Milwaukee Area Support Group

In a message dated 11/17/00 6:00:02 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< none of the groups seemed appropriate for me - they were either defunct or
primarily consisted of all type 2's. In some cases I was even discouraged
from attending meetings because I would be the only type 1, or the only
person under a particular age. >>

This is off the topic of the letter, but I just had to say that I (a type 2)
was once told that a group I attended wasn't for me because "it's for type 2s
who don't know anything about diabetes." The only other group was only for
type 1s. Sad.

Jan and Elvis