Re: [IP] Carry around insulin pen/

> I just received a Mini Med, but won't be hooked to it fo 2 more
> weeks. I'm trying to understand everything.  Do all of you actually
> carry an insulin pen at all times in case of an emegency?  Also, do
> you carry extra sets and tubing all the time?

A pen is convenient, however a standard insulin syringe will do.
There is plenty of insulin in an "empty" pump syringe as well as the
tubing that runs to the infusion set. The insulin in the Leur Lock of
the pump syringe can be withdrawn with a standard syringe and used if
necessary. There are several clever tricks to make use of the
residual insulin in the pump delivery components.

Don't overwhelm yourself with all the details of these things right
now. Wait a few weeks at least until you have absorbed the basics of