[IP] Re: French Fries (Potato patties - Help!)

Chanukah (Jewish Holiday) is coming up.   We are looking forward eating the
traditional potato patties (latkes).  How will I figure out the carb factor
for them? The way I did it until now was by weighing them before frying.
But, if there is such a difference between cooked and fried potatoes, how
will I be able to figure the carb factor?

By the way, according to the food values book, the carb factor for french
fries range between 19% to 40%.  Now what about homemade one's?  Also, why
does John Walsh write in Pumping Insulin that it's 34%?

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Co-Executive Director
Jewish Diabetes Association