RE:[IP] The new Disetronic pump

Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:47:41 -0600
From: "Nancy and Howie"
Hi everyone, I went to a Diabetes seminar last night that had a bunch of
different sales reps there and there was one from Disetronic who had the new
H-tron with him.  I have to say that I didn't care for the design of the
pump (I have a minimed, which I absolutely love) but, it did have a very
nice feature to it.  It had a prefilled insulin reservoir.  I thought that
was just the neatest thing.  How long do you think it will be before minimed
comes out with one of these?

it is not a new H-tron it is the D-tron that you saw.  (However a new h-tron
is in the works)  The prefilled cartridges that you saw are great in my
opinion too.  Because with this new pump design when it is loaded in to the
pump the pump will know exactly how many units you have in the reservoir.
You will also be able to fill these yourself although it involves more steps
than it now takes to fill the H-tron reservoirs.  In fact you will have to
still purchase the H-tron reservoirs in order to fill the D-tron ones.  It's
kinda hard to explain with out you being able to see what I'm talking about.
If you have more questions ask your Disetronic rep about this process.