Re: [IP] Changing health insurance

I just changed health insurance companies and the main thing I did before
switching was to call and talk to the different insurance companies.

I asked if they covered pump supplies (they did), how much of a co-pay there
was for the supplies,  who was their supplier and anything else I could think
of.  My supplies are covered but I have yet to place an order with the new
insurance.  Sometimes the first time you order (as with glucose strips) there
can be some confusion as to what's covered, etc., and you have to act as your
own advocate to get things straightened out between the company that handles
your pump supplies, your ins. company and treating doctor.  Just take notes
when you call the ins. company for info. and keep them handy in case you need
them later on.

Good Luck,  Linda