[IP] new pumper.....question......

Hi Everyone!
I've been on the pump for a month now and my doc is happy ( I am as well)
with how I'm doing, although, I'm still experiencing some highs here and
there. (Highs in the 200's) I can usually figure out the reasons for my highs
which is I ate more carbos than I predicted I would and/or I didn't take
enough insulin.  Is it common for a month long user to still have some highs?
 How long do you think it should be until I'm not going high anymore?  I'm
finding carbo counting to be extremely challenging.  Do you have any good
advice that might help me with it?  Thanks for your help!