[IP] Microalbumin Exretion Rate

I just received my blood work results today, and I am not a happy camper. My
HBA1C was fantastic....7.1(129). However my LDL was elevated, ughhhh. But
the worst was for the first time in 12 years of Diabetes, my microalbumin
excretion rate was high. I know what that could mean. My Creatinine was
normal. As well as the Albumin, but it's the excretion rate that was
abnormal. Has anyone encountered this? Could other things besides kidney
failure indicate this? I only have one good kidney as it is....congenital
birth defect. Luck ME!

Thanks, Wendy Anderson